Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Wow

The feedback I’ve gotten has been truly heartfelt and I’m loving this journey. I think it will show our customers, families, neighbors and friends how we can make a difference. As I talk more and more about Celiac Disease, I feel I can uncover bits and pieces of people’s manifestations and somehow, it doesn’t surprise me at all when I hear that they, too, have Celiac or gluten intolerance.

The Sisters comments range from count me in to, I know someone or I am Celiac or I just want to be part.
Here’s a message about how our money benefits.....no matter the size of the donation. I was speaking with Dr. Green’s director of business development and mentioned that my goal combined with all my Sisters is $10,000. I said I know that for the Celiac Disease Center, this amount may just cover the paper clips to use for all the papers they have to circulate. She, Cynthia, sort of laughed and said, no, not at all. In fact, she had a recent donation of about that much and that money helped Dr. Green finish a research project that connects heart disease and Celiac Disease. I was touched, moved and inspired to know that whatever we are able to give will do wonders for those out there who either have Celiac and we are looking for a way to lesson the damage of the intestines and the severity of symptoms and/or completely find a way to keep this from occurring starting at birth so that people do not have to be diagnosed in their 20-70s.

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment