Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Wow! I Did It! I stepped WAY out of my comfort zone for others in need.

I can't believe it. My Sisters Support Celiac Disease is out there in front of thousands of Silpada Sisters. I've been working on the creation of this fundraiser since January when I started the Self Expression in Leadership program through Landmark Education. My Why for this project is because it took so many years for my diagnosis of Celiac Disease and it was filled with pain, discomfort, scares and too many side effects to list that I want to help create resources so that others can be diagnosed with less drama.

Drama? Not a drama queen but lots and lots of stories about how many doctors I had to go to, how many tests I had, why I had pains and swelling in my feet, ankles and then finally my stomach!!! Too many things happened in between the 7 different doctors and their "ideas" about what was wrong. WRONG!!!!

You know that book, "How Doctors Think"? That's a great book. I think everyone should have a doctor like that. Don't give up, don't say it's something when you have that feeling deep inside that says it could be something else. Go ahead, go with your gut. That's the kind of doctor you want on your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment