Wednesday, February 8, 2012


Sisters Support Celiac Disease.

My goal, with the help of other Silpada sisters, is to give $10,000 to Dr Green at the Celiac Disease Center at Columbia and $10,000 to The Healthy Villi; the support group in New England. I am reaching out to thousands of Silpada “sisters” (other reps) throughout the country and enrolling them in having their own fundraiser for Celiac Disease. I’ve asked them to reach out to their customers and asking them who do they know who has Celiac Disease who might like to hostess a party knowing that 20% of the sales is for the fundraiser.

My 5 year anniversary with Silpada is March so I’ve made this project happen during the week of March 11-18th. The outcome is for them to give me 2 checks, each for 10% of their sales made out to both organizations during that one event during that week. I will present the checks to them at the conclusion of my coursework in May.

I know my goal is huge and I will be thrilled with whatever my results are knowing that I took something on bigger than I ever imagined; having to step way out of my comfort zone, using leadership skills that I knew I had but really had to fine tune them. I know I have created an opportunity that impact many and can continue year after year and grow.

$10,000 for research at Columbia is just a nugget to them but to me, it’s huge. Maybe my donation will be enough to put the paperclips or staples on documentation that Dr. Green produces. Dr. Green is out of town but I did send him an email with what I am up to.

For The Healthy Villi, this potential amount is a significant donation. The President of the Healthy Villi (www.healthyvilli.org) told me that kind of donation is more than they can even imagine! She is thrilled and took me to lunch to learn more and see how the board can somehow support me; perhaps putting my event on the website and giving an overall picture of my project.

I’m having my own event on March 15th and will have an open house at my house as well as have the option to purchase on line. I had contacted Silpada corporate and they were so inspired that they donated 4 pieces from the retired collection of Silpada; valued at $400. I will use it for raffles during my event.

I also plan to do a press release; Landmark has helped me formulate the release and I plan to have some kind of press coverage because this includes people all over the country.

I just “released” this event last night to one group of Sisters and so far I’ve heard from 10 or 12 reps who will do an event. It’s so cool to check my email and have responses coming in. They’ve commented on how great this is, they want to be part of it because they know someone or just because they were motivated by my outreach.

My request to you is to support me however you can; by being a cheerleader and/or sharing Sisters Support Celiac Disease with people you know. If you’re touched, moved and inspired, please forward these flyers someone you know who might benefit. I’ve attached both flyers, one that I created for my Silpada sisters and the other for my personal event. (Thanks, Mom, for your help making it a PDF)
  • Whether you know someone who happens to be a Silpada rep (who knows?) anywhere in the country, let them know to get in touch with me so they can participate
  • If you know people local to me who might want their own party/fundraiser the week of March 11-18th knowing they will get some free jewels AND 20% of the retail will go to Sisters Support Celiac Disease
  • OR to come to my fundraiser and have some fun on March 15th in Needham
  • OR to shop online on my website for themselves or someone else, knowing that 20% goes to my fundraiser, I greatly appreciate it.

I am excited to share this with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment