Thursday, February 16, 2012

There IS A Silver Lining

Another comment from a sister...yes, we have a silver lining. All these women getting together nationwide to provide help, support, assistance and knowledge for people of all ages, sizes, races and religions. It's no longer baffling to me when I walk into a store, let the store owner know about my mission for the fundraiser and to have someone overhear me chatting and ask to get involved in the conversation. Why? Because she has a niece, 20, who has been sick for so long and has been to tons of doctors, all taking blood work to find it's negative for Celiac Disease, however, being told to go on Gluten Free. Alas, she is worlds better and feels tremendous. Not all blood tests rule out Celiac Disease. Mine was negative.

I want people to be advocates for themselves and for the people they care about. Or people they randomly meet shopping, walking, networking, whereever. This blog, my national fundraiser and my mouth being open talking to people is going to make a difference. YOUR help and support with the fundraiser is making a difference. Whether you are buying, hosting, donating, you are helping. I can't wait for my personal fundraiser on March 15th in Needham. Please contact me to get involved either physically being there or virtually. YOU can make a difference.

Question:Who do you know who could benefit from going to a Silpada party on March 15th in Needham?
Answer: More than you can imagine.
The National Association for Celiac Awareness says that Celiac Disease affects 3 Million Americans, yet 95% don't know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment